Legislative District 24 of the Arizona Democratic Party is seeking a rebranding design. The focus of this design is a new logo, but we would also like to have an associated color scheme and fonts for materials such as flyers, mailings, website redesign, and other uses. We are therefore soliciting submissions from among LD members as a contest. If a winning design is selected, the designer will receive two VIP passes to the Sweet Synergy gala on April 22, 2017.
The timeline for this rebranding effort is as follows:
- deadline for submitting materials for consideration: March 24 (11:59 pm)
final decision by: March 31
The decision will be made with the input of all active subcommittee members, with the final selection at the discretion of the board, who reserve the right to declare no winner if no submissions are received that meet the desired standards.
- winner publicly announced: at the April monthly meeting.
Style and mood
The current logo and color schemes can be seen in regular LD24 mailings, and at the website: http://www.district24democrats.org/. The new branding should reflect the core values of our party and the spirit of the moment.
LD24 stretches across a significant section of the Valley, from northwest Phoenix to south Scottsdale. We are, first and foremost, a local party.
embedded in the community
Through our vast and growing network of PCs, we aim to be a helpful presence intertwined in the daily lives of community members across the district. Our mission does not end with electoral politics: fielding successful candidates is instead the result of our success at offering value to our neighbors and inspiring them to support
diverse, inclusive, intersectional
The population of LD24 is diverse across every demographic dimension: age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, education. We embrace members of every stripe and believe in the essential dignity of all
There is a surge of energy throughout the electorate, and this is strongly felt in LD24. We want our brand to reflect the vigor and the vibrant, lively mood of our membership and our ambitious vision for the district.
We define ourselves as progressive leaders, willing to experiment with solutions to tangibly improve people’s lives.
- The design should be easily adapted for use as a button/badge, so round or with a round version included
- It must be possible to have a transparent background, for seamless inclusion in a wide range of electronic and print documents
- We are transitioning from “District 24 Democrats” to “LD24 Dems” and “LD24 Democrats” for our primary nomenclature, so please use the latter
- Simple, high-impact graphics that scale well are preferred
What to submit
- Full graphic logo in .png or transparent .gif, including a round version if separate from the primary submission
- Text-only logo (“LD24 Dems” and “LD24 Democrats”)
- Suggested color palette, with both Pantone and hexadecimal values
- Suggested header and body fonts for both print and electronic documents
- Mockups: social media cover, a newsletter, a bumper sticker, a lapel pin
Send the above materials to Dawn Gilpin, LD 24 Communications Chair
Make sure to include your name and contact information on all submissions.
The winner will be asked to submit editable electronic files in formats to be agreed upon.
Some of the other area LDs may be useful for reference, although we prefer to stand out graphically just as we do in practice.
- LD 18
- LD 23
- LD 28